Friday, April 23, 2010

Toshiba Satellite T115-S1105 11.6-Inch LED TruBrite Black/Grey Laptop - 9 Hours 22 Minutes of Battery Life (Windows 7 Home Premium) Order Now


I love this little laptop. I had actually bought an Asus Eee PC netbook (1.6 Ghz single core processor) and it just didn't have the speed to do what I needed, so I bougth this Toshiba. I wanted something lightweight that I could take to school without weighing me down. I also needed a long battery life because many of my classes are 3 hours long. Unfortunately I also needed something with decent processing power, which the Asus netbook did not provide.

My last laptop was a Toshiba Satellite (3yrs old, running on 2.7 Ghz dual core processor and 3GB Ram) and I can't tell a speed difference between this one and my old one. While it won't be as fast as some of the bigger workhorse computers, it handles multitasking with ease and rarely any noticeable lag. This little PC is lightweight, I realisticly get about 7.5-8 hrs of battery life in the eco mode (I don't know how they get the 9.5hr rating), and it's got enough speed to handle the multitasking my graduate classes require.

I also plan to upgrade the ram, because I'm running 64bit windows and I'm a little geeky so I like the best specs possible (however it is fast enough for me as it is), and also buy an external optical drive/burner. The sound was low, but Toshiba's website has an updated driver that improves that significantly, but I still wouldn't buy this for the sound quality. The touchpad is sensitive when set at factory specifications, but you can turn off all the frills if they annoy you. Get more detail about Toshiba Satellite T115-S1105 11.6-Inch LED TruBrite Black/Grey Laptop - 9 Hours 22 Minutes of Battery Life (Windows 7 Home Premium).

No comments:

Post a Comment