Sunday, April 18, 2010

Buy HP Pavilion DV7-1450US 17-Inch Entertainment Laptop


I have had this computer since July, and I am happy with it. The display is beautiful, good battery life, huge hard drive, etc. It comes with Vista Home Premium 64-bit, and I bought it just in time for the free Windows 7 Upgrade. There were some minor performance issues and glitches, but I suspected that this may be Vista-related. After recently installing the Windows 7 Upgrade, I found out that I was right...performance is greatly improved, and no more weird lockups or errors.

One concern I had is that the computer runs a bit hot in the area around the exhaust fan. To an extent, this is normal with any computer, but I was wondering if this was hotter than usual. It's possible that AMD processors generally run hotter than Intel, which is not necessarily a problem. I did call HP Technical Support about this, and they had me do a BIOS upgrade. I believe this improved the temperature slightly, but it still runs hot in that one corner of the computer. By the way, I downloaded a temperature monitor program to see the actual numbers and location of the heat, and the hard drive runs very cool. Heat is the worst enemy of a hard drive, so if it was running at high temperatures, I would be very concerned...but that is not the case.

I had no problem with the color of the keyboard and seeing the white letters. I think many people are making too big of a deal out of this. Granted, I do type by touch (the normal way) rather than by hunt-and-peck. When I need to look to reach special keys, I have no problem seeing the labels on the keys.

Overall, this is a very good computer. However, I highly recommend upgrading it to Windows 7 immediately. I noticed that after installing Windows 7, the "Windows Performance Index" of this computer went from a 3.3 to a 4.2. That is proof that Windows 7 is better for this computer.

Get more detail about HP Pavilion DV7-1450US 17-Inch Entertainment Laptop.

No comments:

Post a Comment