Sunday, April 25, 2010

ASUS M60J-A1 16-Inch Silver Grey Versatile Entertainment Laptop (Windows 7 Home Premium) This instant


I was looking to replace my Asus W3V that I purchased back in 2005. It has been an excellent laptop with minor issues regarding the Asus update utility. I was hoping for the same build quality and material quality as the W3V with this purchase. They did not miss much...

One thing to note...I've been researching this laptop for a few months and have not received confirmation on how many hard drive bays are in it. There are two for the record with the one located in the middle of the laptop being empty. I like the keyboard a lot. I tried out the Asus G51 at XestXuy and found that this one is of much higher quality. The keyboard of the M60J is not backlit like the G51 though. This is one feature that I wished it had. I've been messing with it for about 3 hours on my lap and it gets warm but not as hot as my W3V.

I do not care for the plastic used on the bottom of the laptop. It has a texture to it and seems cheaper/of lesser quality than the material used on my W3V which is finished smooth. It may not be lesser quality but that's my first impression...It still seems sturdy. The two push buttons under the touch pad are certainly worse than those on the W3V. They are not a deal-breaker for me but they are a bit squooshy and hard to push...Maybe they will improve with use?

I would also prefer the outer screen cover be made of brushed metal like the W3V instead of the fake brushed metal plastic...I have the same preference with the material used on the keyboard deck. I would also prefer the lid extend flush at the front instead of being offset short of the edge.Get more detail about ASUS M60J-A1 16-Inch Silver Grey Versatile Entertainment Laptop (Windows 7 Home Premium).

No comments:

Post a Comment