Monday, April 5, 2010

Purchase Acer Aspire Timeline AS1810TZ-4174 11.6-Inch Blue Laptop - Over 8 Hours of Battery Life (Windows 7 Home Premium)


Upgraded from an older Acer 15.4" notebook. Compact and way more powerful than a similar sized 'netbook'. Absolutely worth the extra couple a hundred dollars. I'm also a longtime Media Center enthusiast, so its nice to have a second portable computer to stream movies and TV shows. Windows 7 is great as well. I recommend purchasing a portable DVD drive to create the restore disks first thing. Also, dont forget to condition the battery about 3 times by fulling charging it without the computer on, and then turn on and run on battery power until completely out of juice. I upgraded to 4 GB memory and also disabled all unneccassry start-up items. I got it at the $549 price and the performance is just excellent for the money. The only con I'd have to point out is that my picky eye notices the imperfect screen, which doesnt allow for wide viewing angles without some shadows. Also, the color temperature appears just a bit cool (blueish tint) but I've been able to overlook that. Otherwise, LOVE this little machine. Get more detail about Acer Aspire Timeline AS1810TZ-4174 11.6-Inch Blue Laptop - Over 8 Hours of Battery Life (Windows 7 Home Premium).

No comments:

Post a Comment