Saturday, April 3, 2010

Dell Latitude D610 Centrino Laptop 1.6ghz 512mb 40gb Wifi Xp Pro 14" Lcd Laptop Review


I bought one of these laptops two months ago. It has been working just fine. Today Microsoft told me that the license is not valid. It has a valid certificate of authenticity on the back but does not have a second "refurbished" CoA. When I look at the internal System Properties/General tab it says "XP Corporate" which means it was covered under a volume/site license which can not be transferred or sold. I will probably have to buy a fresh copy of XP ($150) and re-install.

Before I made the order I checked to see that the advertisement specified "Genuine Windows XP". I also checked the CoA when it arrived. When the Microsoft updater offered to run "Genuine Advantage" to check the authenticity I confidently thought "sure, go right ahead." Now every time I restart I get a big message that says I am a victim of software piracy. I expect the operating system will eventually simply stop running. Get more detail about Dell Latitude D610 Centrino Laptop 1.6ghz 512mb 40gb Wifi Xp Pro 14" Lcd Laptop.

No comments:

Post a Comment