Thursday, April 29, 2010

Buy MSI X340-021US Slim 13.4-Inch Laptop - Black


Pros:
Nice screen size
Decent battery life
Super-slim
Sleek design
Msi logo lights up :)
Bluetooth
Vista runs OK

Cons:
Atom Processor :(
Keyboard is meh

I've had this computer for a few days now and I'm very pleased with it. I have a powerhouse desktop so I don't need much in the way of a laptop, just something to get me through a few classes and take notes. The battery life is excellent as far as I'm concerned. I had it on low brightness in power saver with wifi on and it got be about four and a half hours. I immediately took off Vista and put on 7. Vista seemed to run fine for the few hours I had it on, but 7 runs on it far better. Don't try and enable aero if you have 7, it just was way too choppy. Streaming youtube was better than other netbooks I've used. No choppiness at all. The computer is of course limited by the ability of the atom processor. However for $379, this is the best netbook you can get in my opinion. I originally had an HP Mini 110, and while it was cute and small, you get tired of a 10 inch screen after awhile. The 13" of the X320 is just big enough to view webpages without unnecessary scrolling.

A lot of people complain about the keyboard. As far as I'm concerned it's no big deal. Yeah it's a little "mushy" but I've had no problems typing on it at all. Yeah it flexes a bit when you type on it but you can't FEEL the flex if you're not looking at it. I read a lot of reviews that made me think that I'd be getting a laptop with a terrible keyboard. Believe me, it's more than bearable. If I hadn't read so many reviews on the keyboard before I bought it, I don't think I would have thought twice about it.Get more detail about MSI X340-021US Slim 13.4-Inch Laptop - Black.

No comments:

Post a Comment